Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's a family affair!


I’ve been tailgating for a few years now and my past experience and research shows everyone loves a good BRAT.  But, you know I like to make things a bit more homemade and a tad fancy.  So, a good friend of mine mentioned her husband serves his brats with sliced jalapenos and melted cheddar, genius!  It is so simple yet shows you went the extra mile, of course I had to steal the idea!  I got to thinking about how I could tailor these brats for everyone in my family and here you go.  Try these out or create your own….but if you do, let me know what turned out best!!! 

 Brat's 3 Ways


1 package Brats
1 red onion, caramelized
Goat cheese
Sliced jalapeños
Cooked bacon
Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Hoagie Rolls

Grill each brat
Slice the brat lengthwise so it lies rather flat
Top the brats with the following ingredients and place back on the grill for a minute or two to melt the flavors together

Kid’s Brat:
Crumbled Bacon and Cheddar cheese

Mom’s Brat:
Caramelized Red Onion and Crumbled Goat Cheese

Dad’s Brat:
Sliced jalapeños and Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese or a mixture of both
                    
Serve each brat in a hollowed out hoagie roll

Note:
To caramelize red onion, slice a large red onion and sauté in 4T olive oil on med heat until soft and tender. 



No comments:

Post a Comment